In this episode of WichitaLiberty.TV. Sedgwick County Commissioner Richard Ranzau joins Bob Weeks and Karl Peterjohn to discuss current issues in Sedgwick County government. View below, or click here to view at YouTube. Episode 150, broadcast May 7, 2017.
- Richard Ranzau page at Sedgwick County
- Sedgwick County to consider raising debt limit. The Sedgwick County Commission will consider raising its limit on borrowing for reasons which need to be revealed, and then carefully examined.
- For Sedgwick County Commission, too much debate. By moving to end motions and debate, the Sedgwick County Commission isn’t effectively serving citizens and taxpayers.
- Tax rates in the city of Wichita:
City of Wichita 32 mills (27 percent of total)
Sedgwick County 29 mills (25 percent)
School district 54 mills (46 percent)
State 21.5 mills (18 percent)
Total 117 mills
- Wichita economy and job growth. Contains the chart seen on the show.
- Wichita TIF projects: some background. Explains how tax increment financing works in Wichita and Kansas, and holds resources to learn more about TIF.