In this episode of WichitaLiberty.TV: Karl Peterjohn and Bob Weeks continue discussing Century II, Wichita’s convention and performing arts center. But first, some unfortunate economic news for Wichita. View below, or click here to view at YouTube. Episode 166, broadcast September 24, 2017.
- Article: Wichita economy shrinks
- Book: Convention Center Follies: Politics, Power, and Public Investment in American Cities
- Video of Heywood Sanders, author of Convention Center Follies, speaking in Kansas City. The introduction is lengthy but worthwhile. Prof. Sanders starts speaking at the 19 minute mark.
- Facebook group Century II, Its Future
- The presentation from last week’s city council workshop
- The Arup Advisory, Inc. report on Century II
- The City of Wichita’s page about Century II, holding many documents
- Article: Wichita about to commit to more spending. Bigly. This week the Wichita City Council considers hiring a consulting firm to develop plans for a new performing arts and convention center.
- Article: Space Available: The Realities of Convention Centers as Economic Development Strategy