From the Wichita Pachyderm Club: A panel presentation on the topic “Why I Am a Republican.” Panelists, in order of their initial remarks, are Ben Sauceda, former Sedgwick County Commissioner Karl Peterjohn, Precinct Leader Linda Baker, and Sedgwick County Commissioner Richard Ranzau. Todd Johnson is the moderator. This audio presentation was recorded on September 15, 2017.
United States Representative Ron Estes speaking at the Park City Chamber of Commerce. Recorded August 30, 2017.
From the Wichita Pachyderm Club: Sedgwick County EMS Director Scott Hadley. This is an audio presentation recorded on August 25, 2017. The accompanying visual presentation (slides) is here.
From the Wichita Pachyderm Club this week: Wichita City Council Primary and General Election Candidates. This audio presentation was recorded June 30, 2017.
District 1 voters will vote in a primary election on August 1. Two candidates will advance to the general election on November 7. For districts 3 and 6, there will be no primary election, and the candidates will compete in the general election. Maps of city council districts are here. Or, to find who represents you in the city council and other offices, use Kansas Voter View, specifically this form.
The candidates are, in order of first speaking:
From District 1
- Brandon Johnson (Facebook: Brandon Johnson)
- Mike Kinard (Facebook: Mike Kinard)
- John Stevens (Facebook: John Stevens for Wichita City Council)
- Janet Wilson (Facebook: Janet Wilson for District 1 Wichita, KS)
- James Clendenin (I) (Facebook: James Clendenin For Wichita City Council)
- William A. Stofer (Did not attend. Facebook: William A. Stofer For City Council District 3)
- Cindy Claycomb (Facebook: Cindy Claycomb)
- Sybil Strum (Did not attend)
From the Wichita Pachyderm Club: A forum of candidates for Wichita school board. Recorded June 16, 2017.
At the lectern is Pachyderm Board Member Todd Johnson who moderated the forum.
The eight candidates in attendance were from left to right, Betty Arnold and Ben Blankley for District 1; Julie Hedrick and Trish Hileman for District 2; Mike Rodee for District 5; and Walt Chappell, Shirley Jefferson, and Ron Rosales for District 6.
All of these candidates plus two candidates who could not attend today’s forum will move forward to the November 7, 2017, General Election.
In school district elections, all qualified voters district-wide in the Wichita Public School District have the opportunity to vote for the candidate of their choice from all four Board of Education Districts in the November election.
From the Wichita Pachyderm Club: Members of the Kansas Legislature from the Wichita area briefed members and guests on happenings in the Kansas Senate and House of Representatives. Recorded April 14, 2017. Members appearing, in order of initial appearance, are:
From the Wichita Pachyderm Club this week: A forum for Republican candidates vying to fill the vacant position of former Congressman Mike Pompeo, who is now Director of the Central Intelligence Agency. Ths program was moderated by Kelly Arnold, who is Chairman of the Kansas Republican Party.
Candidates appearing were, in order of initial appearance:
- Wichita City Council member Pete Meitzner
- Kansas Treasurer Ron Estes
- Former Congressman Todd Tiahrt
- Donald Trump adviser Alan Cobb
- Attorney George Bruce
- Aerospace engineer and radio host Joseph Ashby
This program was recorded February 3, 2017. Republican delegates will meet to select their candidate on February 8. The election is April 11.
- Sheril Logan, board member for Wichita Public Schools. The material she presented to the audience is here.
- James Clendenin, Wichita City Council. His presentation is here.
- Jim Howell, Sedgwick County Commission. A link to the county’s legislative agenda is here.
This is an audio presentation recorded on January 6, 2017.
From the Wichita Pachyderm Club this week: A panel discussion on the results of the 2016 general election. Panelists were:
- Mark Kahrs, Member of Kansas House of Representatives and Kansas Republican National Committeeman
- Clayton Barker, Executive Director, Kansas Republican Party
- Mark Dugan, Dugan Consulting Group
This audio presentation was recorded on November 11, 2016.
From the Wichita Pachyderm Club: Alan Cobb, who is National Coalitions Director for the Trump/Pence presidential campaign. His topic was “Make America Great Again Presidential Campaign.” This is an audio presentation recorded on September 23, 2016.
From the Wichita Pachyderm Club this week: Radio Host Joseph Ashby, host of The Joseph Ashby Show. His talk focused on the administration of Kansas Governor Sam Brownback. Bob Weeks provided the introduction. This is an audio presentation recorded on August 26, 2016.
From the Wichita Pachyderm Club: Don Sherman, Vice President Community Relations and Strategic Partners with Westar Energy introduced Jeff Beasley, Vice President of Customer Care with Westar for an informative presentation titled, “An overview of Westar Energy — Solar, Conservation, Community.”
From the Wichita Pachyderm Club this week: Martin Hawver briefed members and guests on the state of Kansas politics. Judge Phil Journey provided the introduction. Recorded August 19, 2016.
Hawver is the dean of Kansas Statehouse press corps, having covered the beat longer than any current Statehouse reporter — first for 17 years as a Statehouse reporter for the Topeka Capital-Journal and since 1993 for Hawver’s Capitol Report, for which he is the primary reporter/writer. He also writes a column syndicated to Kansas newspapers, is interviewed about Kansas government and politics on TV and radio shows, and is a speaker for seminars and conventions.
Hawver’s Capitol Report is owned by Martin and his wife Vickie Griffith Hawver, who met and married while both worked at the Topeka Capital-Journal newspaper. Their website is havernews.com.
From the Wichita Pachyderm Club this week: Republican primary candidates for Kansas Senate were invited to participate in a forum. Candidates invited were:
- In Kansas Senate District 25: William Eveland and Jim Price. (map)
- In Kansas Senate District 26: Byron C. Dunlavy and Dan Kerschen. Dunlavy did not attend. (map)
- In Kansas Senate District 28: Jo L. Hillman and Mike Petersen. Hillman did not attend. (map)
This is an audio presentation recorded on July 15, 2016.
The Sedgwick County Republican Party held a candidate forum. Invited were candidates for Kansas Senate, district 27, and Sedgwick County Commission, district 3. Candidates are:
- In Senate district 27: Lori Graham and Gene Suellentrop
- In Sedgwick County Commission district 3: David Dennis and Karl Peterjohn.
This is an audio presentation recorded on July 14, 2016.
On June 28, 2016, candidates for Sedgwick County Commission participated in a forum sponsored by the League of Women Voters. Participating candidates included:
- For district 3: Karl Peterjohn, David Dennis, and Marcey Gregory.
- For district 2: Tim Norton.
From the Wichita Pachyderm Club this week: Republican primary candidates participated in an 18th Judicial District Candidates’ Forum. This is an audio presentation recorded on June 24, 2016. Candidates included:
Division 3: Gregory D. Keith, Carl Maughan
Division 14: Linda Kirby, Patrick Walters
Division 21: Jeff Dewey, Robert A. Holubec, Quentin Pittman
Division 24: Shawn Elliott, Timothy H. Henderson, Tyler J. Roush
(For these offices, the divisions do not represent a geographical area. Everyone in Sedgwick County is able to vote for all judicial divisions.)