From the Wichita Pachyderm Club this week: Wichita City Council Primary and General Election Candidates. This audio presentation was recorded June 30, 2017.
District 1 voters will vote in a primary election on August 1. Two candidates will advance to the general election on November 7. For districts 3 and 6, there will be no primary election, and the candidates will compete in the general election. Maps of city council districts are here. Or, to find who represents you in the city council and other offices, use Kansas Voter View, specifically this form.
The candidates are, in order of first speaking:
From District 1
- Brandon Johnson (Facebook: Brandon Johnson)
- Mike Kinard (Facebook: Mike Kinard)
- John Stevens (Facebook: John Stevens for Wichita City Council)
- Janet Wilson (Facebook: Janet Wilson for District 1 Wichita, KS)
- James Clendenin (I) (Facebook: James Clendenin For Wichita City Council)
- William A. Stofer (Did not attend. Facebook: William A. Stofer For City Council District 3)
- Cindy Claycomb (Facebook: Cindy Claycomb)
- Sybil Strum (Did not attend)